Monday 29 June 2009

Tennant Denies 11 Doctors to appear Rumor

David Tennant has responded to the recent tabloid rumours which claimed that all of the Doctors, including Matt Smith, will be coming together for a special Children in Need mini-episode later this year.

The Scottish actor, who will next month be attending this year’s San Diego Comic-Con alongside Doctor Who’s outgoing showrunner, Russell T Davies, told The Chicago Tribune that he hasn’t been told anything about the proposed charity sketch.

“Ooooh, that sounds like a good tabloid wheeze!” he said. “It’s not something I’ve heard anything about, and I would have thought they’d be in touch. But that’d be quite a curious way to introduce Matt Smith. I’d have thought they’d wait until his first story. Not anything I’ve heard about yet.”

He went on to talk about his last day on the Doctor Who set, and how he felt when he recorded his final ever scene in role as the Time Lord…

“I’m all finished. Three or four weeks ago, I filmed my last scene, so it’s over. Still a long time to go before they’re all broadcast, though, so I’m still clinging on for a bit!”

He added: “But yeah, it’s done. It was very emotional, very exciting. We managed to go out with some of the best scripts I had in four years, so it was a real treat.”

David Tennant’s last ever Doctor Who story, a two-parter, will air on BBC One at the end of the year.

No comments: