Sunday 5 April 2009

Davies comments about the Final Specials

Russell T Davies has spoken about what went through his mind when he finished his last ever Doctor Who script - the Tenth Doctor’s regeneration story.

Davies has been the executive producer of the show since it returned to our screens in 2005, and whether you agree or disagree with the decisions he’s made for the programme, it’s safe to say that it wouldn’t be where it is today if it wasn’t for his imagination and gripping story-telling.

“I would have thought that when I handed in the last script I might have burst into tears or got drunk or partied with 20 naked men,” he told Scotland on Sunday. ”When these great moments happen you find that real life just carries on. The emotion goes into the scripts.”

He added: “That’s why I do the job. I find the emotional scenes emotional, the exciting scenes exciting. I laugh at the funny stuff and cry at the sad stuff. If you had a camera on me, sitting here at this computer, it would be like Diary Of A Nutter. They could show it on BBC3.”

He also spoke briefly about Series 5, which goes into production in a few months: “The church bells ring when Steven hands in just one of his scripts, so I think a whole series is going to be glorious.

“We agree on so many other things, but he’s not going to come in and copy me. I have read his first episode and it’s phenomenal. There are such good times ahead.”

No comments: