Earlier today, a BBC insider exclusively revealed that along with other top BBC productions, Doctor Who series 5 is on a serious cost-cutting exercise. Because of megre funding, Steven Moffatt has decided its a return to 1970s style monsters, by using recycled 1970s childrens TV characters as enemies for the forthcoming series.
- From the Clangers we will scream at the Soup Dragon.
- From The Banana Splits we hide in fear of Snorky.
- From Chorlton & the Wheelies we quake at Fenella the Kettle Witch.
- And probably the most disturbing, from Rainbow we hide behind the sofa from George the Pink Hippo!
- Episode one will feature The Doctor helping an old lady find a missing soup ladle (possibly the Soup Dragon episode).
- Episode Four will have The Doctor buying postage stamps, it suggested he will meet Fenella in the post office queue.
- And in a two part season finale will have Snorky working with George to steal boiled sweets from their local pic n mix counter.
He added, Moffatt has elected not to use Crystal Tips and Alistar as rumoured, there are still some taboo subjects viewers aren't ready for!