Wednesday 17 December 2008

Velile Tshabalala Interview

The Last Broadcast has an interview with Velile Tshabalala

...Can you tell us a bit about Rosita, the character you play in this year's Doctor Who Christmas special?
Well, the Doctor arrives in Victorian London in 1851 and meets this other Doctor (David Morrissey) and his companion, Rosita – me! She’s a feisty East London girl, fast-talking, bit of a gob on her – just a little bit like me really! They investigate these mysterious deaths. There’s Cybermen involved and a new creature called the Cybershade.

Is there any link between your character’s name and Billie Piper’s character, Rose?
No, there’s no connection between the characters. Aaagh, I have to be so careful! They’ll kick me out if I say too much!

Did you get to do any stunts?
There’s a nice scene where the two Doctors are trapped and I have to save them, but I probably can’t say much more! I almost had an accident doing one scene actually. I had to peg it from one side of a warehouse to the other, with an axe – a fake axe, don’t worry – and after they shouted cut I skidded and kept on going until I managed to grab hold of a pillar! I’m a tomboy at heart though so I love all that stuff – it is hard work doing it all in a corset though!

If they asked you, would you like to become a full time companion on the show?
Ah, well that depends if Rosita survives the Christmas special, wouldn’t it? If I had the chance I definitely would, yeah – I can’t imagine many actresses saying no

http://www.lastbroadcast.co.uk/tv/v/7517-velile-tshabalala-doctor-who-interview.html

No comments: